Expert Leak Detection Services
What are professional leak detection practices?
Many people think that a leak will cause water to break through the ground, walls or flooring and make its presence known; but it’s the leaks that go undetected that are generally the most damaging. Plumbing professionals use an array of high-tech techniques to identify leaks and pinpoint their locations:
- Video Cameras: In-line cameras, connected to a protected fiber optic cable, allow leak detection specialists to view the interior of pipes and sewer lines without knocking holes in walls or digging up the landscape. The cable is linked to a video monitor that allows the technicians to see the results in real time.
- Ground Microphones: These highly specialized microphones let technicians listen for leaks in pipes located in the ground, under concrete slabs, and behind walls. The pressurized water forced through a leak creates sound waves that can be detected with microphones, amplifiers, and headphones.
- Sonic Leak Detection: This type of equipment analyzes the differences in vibration that occurs in the pipe and the surrounding structure when there’s a leak. The structure-borne vibration is typically strongest at contact points like valves.
Through the use of these cutting edge technologies, and other processes, you can rest assured that our professionals will be able to provide you with the very best water leak detection services. No matter where the leak may be, big or small, we will find it for you; guaranteed.
MPH Sewer & Drain serves local residents in these areas:
- Nashua, NH
A leaking drain is one of the most unpleasant problems you might have to deal with as a homeowner, which is why it’s so important to select a reputable plumber for leak detection. Unlike a leaking pipe, which leaks clean water, a leaking drain leaks water that contains organic waste and other contaminants. This leak can occur at any point in your home’s drainage system; from behind a wall to below the floors. And when it happens, it can cause water damage, plus, it can compromise the hygiene of your home.
Benefits of Leak Detection
That’s why you need reliable leak detection. An experienced plumber knows how to detect a leak in your drainage system using a combination of technologies, which can include thermal imaging, moisture level meters and video camera inspection. All of this data combined can paint an accurate picture of where the leak’s located, as well as whether there’s any water damage and to what extent.
Benefits of leak detection include:
- Quick detection of leaks
- Accurate assessment of the extent of any water damage
- Prevention of any further water damage
- Safeguarding of your home’s hygienic environment
Call MPH for Leak Detection
Homeowners can rely on us for top-notch leak detection. We know how important it is to act quickly once you suspect you have a leaking drain. Our team responds quickly and utilizes top-notch technology to determine where the leak is. We use video camera inspection, thermal imaging and moisture level meters to precisely locate the leak and assess the extent of the water damage around it.
Once that has been determined, we can advise you on your options. Sometimes we can quickly fix the leak with pipe lining or pipe bursting, both non-invasive techniques. In other cases, especially if there’s a lot of water damage, we might have to expose the drain in order to repair it, as well as allow the surrounding area to dry out and be disinfected.
Find out why so many homeowners rely on MPH for leak detection: schedule an appointment and request your free quote today!